Sunday, July 30, 2017

Tiny Paintings

I've been working hard on a new painting of my living room and my throw rug. It's great to have the time to get in and do all of this creative stuff - but really, you have to make that time to do all of this. It's the same with my writing... I have to make time to get in and write my books and then edit them and flesh them out. 

But, creating is creating - no matter what it is, right?

Well, I've begun painting up tiny paintings; and they're just the cutest little things! They are book-art and I'm hoping to sell them at the markets at Murarrie in October; along with my other new work too.

I'm also fixing up any of the patching paintwork around the house that I've damaged over the past 15 years. Yep, this place really could do with a new splash of paint - but it's not my fault really. It's been so long between coats of paint, that it's all worn really thin; or maybe the last people who painted this place didn't use the right type of paint. However, I did notice they didn't use primer... yeah, how bad is that?

Well, I thought to pop in and let you know how it's all going before I head off to art class tomorrow. I'm onto my second painting (as I said) and I'm really getting into it a lot faster than 'The Tuscan Garden'. Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment