Sunday, June 7, 2015

A Busy Time

The last few weeks have been crazy. 

Honestly, it has.

I have had markets to prepare for and writer's block to contend with - damned thing! - and then I found a very cool chair in my unit complex; and I mean it's retro!

So, I took it to my folk's house and refurbished it!  It took me about a week and I loved getting to know it.  And seeing it wasn't all that aged, Dad helped with the sander - a tiny little one - which worked hand in hand with the hand-sanding, I found the work just moved smoothly.

Anyway, before I knew it, my chair was off to the upholsterer's at Slacks Creek where I picked out a fabric and they took 2 weeks to get it done... now? Well, it arrived home last Thursday; and I haven't had any time to get to know my chair.

It's sitting here in my office waiting for me to snuggle into it... and isn't it the most lovely Reading Chair you're ever likely to see?

Anyway, the Murarrie Mini-markets were on yesterday and even though there were lots of stalls, not many people showed up.  So, not many of us made as many sales as we had hoped. There were three factors working against us: the long weekend, the Life Line Book Fest and the Scrapbook and Craft Show in the city... yeppers, they were all working against us; as people were either in the city or taking off out of the city to have that great long weekend either down the coast or up the coast.  Either way, nobody wanted to go to a craft market this weekend...

Oh well... there's always next time. 

Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment