Monday, May 18, 2015

Been Busy!

Oh, yes!  I've been busy indeed!

First off the Murarrie State School Organic and Craft Markets were great!  The day was gorgeously sunny and lovely - our first Winter's day too - and the crowds were bigger than last time. There were plenty of foodies there, as well as other great things for the kiddies to do - like a huge jumping castle!

We had a few stall owners who complained that they didn't know about the market until a few days before. 

Okay... I'm going to say something that might offend some people:  if you don't do you homework - you don't follow up on your inquiries and e-mails and look on Facebook - you're not going to know anything about where the market is.  Just sayin'.  We were informed that this market was postponed for two weeks.  We were told last week about it all still being on too... so when I showed up and everything was in full swing at 7:20am, I wasn't surprised to find parking difficult.

Even though I broke even, it was a lovely day.  It didn't rain until the very end, when we were all packing up, and even then, it was just a light shower and it went away. But we all had a wonderful day.


Earlier that week, I had found a great chair in my unit complex. It was all wrapped up and shoved into the recycling area up the back.  After unwrapping it with one of my neighbours, we looked at each other as a lovely chair was revealed. I asked if she wanted it; and she said no.  So I took it home.

Over the weekend, I've been moving it from one place to the next and sanding down the arms to prepare it for varnishing.  That was on Sunday.

Today, I Dad and I took to their place where I finished sanding it and put two coats of varnish on it... and wow!... what a difference this has made to it so far!

This week, I have to put on a couple of coats of clear top coat and then drop it off to the furniture guy to get cushions made for it... now that's going to be fun! And... well, by then, there'll be more photos to show off!  So, how was your week? Busy like mine?  Hope so!  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment