Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Plaster Torso Workshop At the Logan Art Gallery

Over the last two weeks, I've been working hard on some workshop things... well, just one thing really.  It's a plaster cast torso - no, not of my own body, it's of a mannequin base with 3 layers of plaster on the inside of it, then we all cleaned it up, painted on a hardening resin and started our work on it... of a 3D piece of more plaster.

Well, it's day 3, and I'm up to my finishing touches.  I just need to get in and find some quotes and opening lines from famous writers to write onto the torso in paint after I finish up the flowers and make them look better, then glue on the bling and then?  Well, I gotta sign the thing!  

On 24th, April, there's an art opening at the gallery and my piece will be in it.  It's about my passion for books and how much it takes up my life, my mind and how far back it goes into my soul... and how much I find reading and writing like oxygen; and if I stop either one, it would destroy me, so to me it's like living in my own self-designed dreamworld where I hope I never wake from.

Well, that's kind of what I'm hoping to put across in my piece.  It's been fun doing it... and my 3D piece of a book is going to be hung in my office... well, somewhere here anyway... if I can find a place for it.  So, what have you been up to lately?  Until my next post, keep creating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment