Saturday, September 27, 2014

Busy With All Kinds of Things

Crafty Pegs has grown so much since the last time I've written here.  But first, a huge apology for not posting... my bad, honestly.  It's been so hectic lately, it's not that I have forgotten, but I've been working so much, I haven't had time to write.

But today, I do.


Let's see, where to start...


Since July, the Creative Markets at Springwood were sold to another party. So, I stuck it out for a month or so to see how it would go.  But it hasn't gotten any better.  


I haven't been making any money, and the rent is still the same - $50 for half a day - and the people just came and looked then didn't buy anything.  Then, in August, we had our 2nd Birthday, and the owner of the Creative Markets advertised that there'd be freebies and the place was bursting with people!  But they were only there for the freebies and they didn't buy anything... they scored the freebies and went around looking at our stuff, told us we were so clever and our things looked lovely and gorgeous and oh, did they mention we were clever?  Then, they went home.  


I went to a night market at Murarrie - Mama Mia's Mini market - and I made over $70 at that one market alone.  So, that made up my mind.  I was going to have one last market at Springwood and take up any other market I was offered - within reason - and pay nothing over $30 for a spot and make sure it was undercover (and pay extra for that if needs be).  Anyway, I've been booked into two other markets since my last market tomorrow... and they're all at the Murrarie.  I can't wait!  


I also started up a website on wix.com.  It's very cool and I love it.  I attached it to my Facebook page and people have been able to see my work on there better and read the blog there instead of just look at the pictures on my Facebook page; and there's a calendar there too, so they can keep up with where I'm going to be at as well.  I've also made the page cute and pretty enough that people will want to come back and look at it more too.  But it still needs work, as I've only just put it up online.  


Lynda's Crafty Pegs


So, there you go... what I've been up to over the last two months; and why I've been so quiet lately.  Until my next post, keep creating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment