Saturday, March 8, 2014

Coathangers Getting Painted

I took a bit of a break from painting pegs - or anything really - as I've been very tired lately.  And so I got in and did some of my housework, looked at the types of paint I needed and jumped at some of Riot Art Garden City closing down sales (the place is closing down for around 6 months until Westfield Garden City finishes its extensions).  Dad and I are also looking at cars... but we're not buying anything solid right now, just window-shopping.

Today, though, I sat down and worked on two coathangers.  I painted one up with gold paint, with an undercoat of bright yellow.  It looked gorgeous!  And then, I painted another with a few coats of white... it looked just as pretty.
Tonight, I painted onto the gold one a few silver flames.  It's just a first coat, I still have to work on it and get into finishing it up with a second coat and really get some detail work done on the flames.
The white one is all dot work - curly ends dot work.  It's only a quarter done so far, but I'm confident it'll look good.  So, what have you been up to lately?  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment