Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Preparation Is The Key

My brother was a boy scout.

Really he was.  But he didn't stick it out and become anything like one of their leaders or a Den Leader or anything like that... he was just a boy scout.  But he did teach me the most important thing about being scout:  Be Prepared.

And that is something I'm doing just a little under a month from the first Creative Markets of the year.  Yep, I've begun to really knuckle down and work hard at preparing my stall for what it will look like next month by working on it now; well before the stall even gets set up.

Today, I went out and bought two business card holders from Officeworks for $2.99 each.  They're black mesh metal business card holders which will make my cards more likely to look better and more interesting to customers.  I also have bought a bigger plastic 6 litre box for the stuff that's going to go on the table and easel which will make my stall look good.  I don't want to be running to and from the car for box after box for this and that; so one box with all the gear in it will do.
I'll have two boxes of stock if I have to and then, the easel, small tressel table and my soft esky and chair.  It won't be much, really.

The best thing I've done is creat an event on Facebook and invited all my friends on there - even the ones overseas - so they all know when, where it is and what time it starts and finishes and how to get there (yep, it's got a map there too) and then, they can come if they can fit it into their weekend.  

Now, all I have to do is work on my stock and make sure I have everything all ready to sell.  I can't wait to start up the Creative Markets again, it'll be so much fun.  Until my next post, keep creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment