Sunday, June 23, 2013

Apologies From Me

First of all, I must apologise for not being here.  I've been off to hospital just last week for day surgery; and am currently recovering.  It's slow-going, but I'm a hell-of-a-lot better than I was last week when I couldn't move, let alone take any stairs.

This doesn't mean I haven't been crafty or arty.  I packed up all my painting gear for a bit and pulled out my knitting and sat back did some serious knitting of a new brown, fluffy scarf I'm hoping to get finished over the next few days for myself.  It's just lovely and I'll take progress photos of it, and a finished product photo too.  However, I'll update what I've been up to next week sometime when I get home as - you see - I'm at my brother's house at Brighton, and I don't have access to my Photobucket account here, whereas I do at home.

This means, I'll be updating my photos of what the paintings look like in my now-finished bedroom.  And instead of putting them all in the bedroom, I've spread them into the hall and the bathroom... to make the feel of them change the feel of the house.  My Mum loves how they just change the entire feeling of the room completely and softens the whole look totally.

Have you ever done this to accomplish a feel or a look to a room, a hallway or any part of your own place or another place?  Have you place a piece of art somewhere and the entire feel of the place has changed completely and made it just feel good, or different, or just so totally wonderful you wondered why you never thought of it before?  I knew I could get anything happening in my house with a change over of paintings... but when I looked around, the paintings I wanted weren't in any of the shops.  So, I created my own (as you can see) and they turned out lovely.

Well, that's about all from me for now.  I have to take a rest.  I've been going for some time now and it's time to kick back rest.  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment