Thursday, March 7, 2013

Oh My Beads

I'm back here in Brighton minding my brother's house for a week or two while he and his partner are in New Zealand on holidays.  So, yesterday, I thought to take off and have a wander around the local area to see what shops were up the road as I had spotted a bead store not far from here; and wanted to see what it was like.

My Beads is a lovely little shop situated on Nathan Street in a gorgeous old-style building.  The doors are the first thing I noticed.  They are old-fashioned French-style doors with large, metal handles on them.  And, but once inside, the old-fashioned feeling stays with you.  There are beads in every isle in their own little individual bowls so your choice is easier.  The walls are covered in them, the owner has lined the walls with strings of crystals and chains - depending on what you'd like to make.  
I found a massive selection of glass pendants and silver and pewter charms and pendants as well; all in their own area and bottles all waiting for the right person to put them with the right necklaces.  There were also ready-made pieces there as well at very reasonable prices - much cheaper than you'd find in jewellery stores or art galleries, by far!  

The owner of the store is wonderful and very helpful as well.  She knows what the names of all the crystals are, what's in stock, what is coming in as well if they'll be able to get what you're looking for and when; so you're not left hanging for something you may not be able to find.

My Beads is a wonderful little source for all your beading and jewellery needs.  They not only sell the chains, links and joinery for your necklaces, but they also sell the tools you need to get your hobby off the ground as well.  This is a wonderful store to get yourself to.  It's here at Brighton and is well worth a look at; or if you can't get here, they have a website where you can win prizes and gifts if you spend over a  certain amount of money.  I even bought a piece there and put it together for under $10!  It's this wonderful necklace and I love it.  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment