Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bob Godfrey Passes Away

On Friday, one of the great, animators of our time passed away aged 91.  Bob Godfrey was the creator of Henry's Cat and Noah and Nelly as well as the much-loved cartoon 'Roobarb' with Custard the Cat

I only just found out online today, but his family informed the art community on Friday of his passing.  I've thought to dig up some articles about this great artist and animator for you all.

Bob Godfrey Dies 

Celebrated Animator Bob Godfrey Dies 

British Cartoonist Dies 

Bob Godfrey - from somebody who knew him 

I hate when headlines say 'dies'... it's so final and sounds rude and harsh.  There are other ways to say somebody died than that word.  This is why I don't use it in my post titles.  The link titles are taken from the titles of the articles (that's why I used them).  I thought to find good links for you all; and one from somebody who worked with him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment