Sunday, January 15, 2012

Afternoon Knitting Session

In the afternoons, I've been getting into my knitting again.  Usually at this time of the year, I don't as it's too hot; but here in Queensland, we've been having a very cool Summer, so I've picked up my needles again and been able to knit.
Recently, I have found that I have a lot of leftover wool from finished scarves.  So, I thought to make a long, skinny scarf out of the wool and see how long I can make it - just for the fun of it.  Right now, it's a little over a metre long and I've gone through three colours; with more being found as I hunt through my two knitting bags.  
If you'd like to lay bets on how long this scarf is going to be once it's finished, I'll finish it up with tassels and post it off to you when I finish it up.  And seeing how fast it's taking shape, it shouldn't take that long to do.  I'll keep you all posted about how it's doing over the next week or so... keep your lengths coming.  

I'm working with size 4mm needles, it's 17 stitches wide and I'm using a Moss Stitch; so it'll be nice and cosy when you wear it anywhere in the world.  Until my next post, keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment