Saturday, October 1, 2011

And The Winner Is.......

As you may have noticed, the polls on the 'Name That Painting' Competition have closed; and a title has come out on top as a favourite.  And it's a great title too; very 1960's, very lovely and wonderfully retro.  I do love it as well. 
First things' first though, you're all wondering who came up with the title, I'm sure.  After I posted this competition here, I went onto Bookcrossing (as we have some artists there) and put the competition up there; and I had an influx of suggestions and titles come in.  

'Flower Power' was the winning title by far with 56% of everyone's vote.  Thank you all for taking the time to vote with your mouses... and having a look at the painting as well.  It means a lot to me.  This painting will be a part of a future exhibition I'm hoping to be accept into in the next few years.  So, keep your eyes peeled for that.
As for the person who came up with the title?  Well, their name is:  

                           Chaminox44! 

Thank you again so much for taking part in this competition.  I did have a few favourite names, however, this one really took in the feel of the painting completely.
I will be conducting other similar competitions in the future as I work on other older pieces of work from my past - some to bring new life into, while others to finish them completely.  So, keep your eye on this blog for another Name That Painting Competition, it may come around sooner than you expect.  Until my next post, keep creating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment