Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Old Work Becoming New Again.

Now, as most of you are artists yourselves, have you ever come across some of your work from the past and thought: 'I can improve on that without beginning another one.' and just worked on the painting, sculpture... or whatever piece it is; and improving it out of sight? If so, you'll understand where I'm coming from with this post.
I've picked up a couple of paintings from my past that I've done, looked at them and realised I rushed them. So, in the last week, I've sat down every afternoon and worked on them to improve on their structure and depth with wonderful results. The one I've begun on looks great! I can't wait until I finish it - which will be in a few weeks' time. Until then, I'll keep you all updated with reports on how it's going. Here's the first photo of it's improvement. First I'll put up what it looked like before I worked on it (I'm sorry I haven't got a better photo, but I forgot to take a before shot, so this one will have to do).

So, what do you reckon? Is it an improvement? Or have I made it look worse? Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment