Tuesday, August 30, 2011

From the Archives of my Life

Years ago, I began painting flowers - lots of them!  And it was a phase I went through.  I painted them all over canvasboards and Masonite and they looked gorgeously bright as well as creepy and dripping onto the table from a melting vase (yes, I did paint a vase of flowers once during a very hot, sticky Summer's weekend because I felt like I was melting; and the flowers on the table were drooping slowly over those two days... so, what else could I do, but paint them as they melted along with me?). 
Yesterday, I pulled one of my canvasboards out of the storage facility which I had begun to paint with flowers - and hadn't finished - and decided to complete it.  I don't have a name for this one; so I may yet do another competition of Name that Painting!  Sounds good? I hope so.  I'll have to find a suitable prize and let you in on how it's going.  I don't know how long it'll take to complete; and yes - just like last time - this one will be international (to make it fair for you all).  So, take a good look at the painting I've uploaded - and will upload in following posts as it progresses - and put in the comments below your ideas for a name.  I do have a few ideas for one, but none of them seem to match what I'm hoping for.  The prize will be something like that last one - a book or some art gear (brushes and paint or something of that nature).  Good luck to you all in Naming that Painting.

1 comment:

  1. I am not very creative, so I don't have any great original ideas, but I think Flower Power would be fitting.
    When I first looked at the painting it made me smile, it was kind of uplifting. The power of flowers??

    ReplyDelete